Academic Awards Application FAQ
- Nominees will initiate the process from www.ofe.org, creating an account (email and password) to access the system.
- All information must be submitted online. Applications must be completed by 5 p.m. on the day of the deadline.
- Nominees will designate individuals to submit transcripts and recommendation letters. Medal for Excellence nominees will designate individuals to submit nominator statements. These individuals will receive a link in system-generated emails requesting this information. They will click on the link and will not be required to log-in. If the email is not received, please check the spam filter.
- If there is an error uploading a recommendation letter, copy the text into Notepad or a similar program before copying and pasting it into the online system.
- Nominees can monitor who has complied with requests to provide information.
- The nominee is responsible for ensuring that all information, including that requested from third parties (e.g. school transcripts, directed recommendations and signature of principal or superintendent), is submitted via the online portal by 5 pm on the day of the deadline. Incomplete nominations will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee and will not be considered.
- Student essays will be entered via a text box to ensure a maximum of 500 words. Conversely, student transcripts must be uploaded into the system.
- Other information—Medal for Excellence nominee statements, recommendation letters, honors & awards, publications, etc.—will be input via text.
- All nominees, nominators, writers of recommendation letters and transcript providers will be required to provide electronic signatures. Academic All-State nominations will also require verification of eligibility from either the school principal or district superintendent. The administrator will receive an email containing a link to click on to verify eligibility.