How to Start a Foundation
A local education foundation (LEF) can provided much needed financial support to its local school district. Foundations offer assistance ranging from teacher grant programs to technology and equipment purchases.
Below are links to documents and information about how to start a Local Education Foundation. Dr. Karen Rose, director of LEF Outreach, is also available to provide free consultation services and board retreats. She can be reached at (918) 743-5533 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forming an LEF:
- 21 steps to organizing a local education foundation
- Sample brochure
- Suggested timeline for establishing a foundation
- Accounting and auditing steps in setting up a local foundation
- Title 70, Section 5-145 of the Oklahoma Statutes
- Attorney General's Opinion 98-25 re LEF/public school relationships
- Strategic Planning Info
- Keep Your Strategic Plan Alive