LEF Outreach Services
Through its free outreach services to local education foundations (LEFs), the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence has helped build one of the nation’s largest and most effective networks of public school foundations, now numbering more than 220.
These citizen-led, nonprofit organizations serve as a bridge between the community and the school district, raising private dollars to complement existing school budgets and encouraging community involvement in the betterment of local schools.
Whether your school district needs guidance in launching a new foundation or your long-established LEF needs to re-examine your mission and goals, the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence is here to help.
Services we provide include:
- Free consultation services and board retreats provided by Dr. Karen Rose, director of LEF Outreach. She can be reached at (918) 743-5533 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fall Form for Local Education Foundations and other networking and training opportunities for LEF volunteers, school administrators and educators.
- The LEF Outstanding Program Awards, recognizing successful programs sponsored or administered by Oklahoma public school foundations.
- Helpful news and information through the semi-annual LEF Leader and HighMarks newsletters, as well as e-mail OFE News Updates.
- A Facebook group for Oklahoma Local Education Foundations to share ideas and network.
- Regional representatives assigned to each LEF who can also share practical experience and answer your questions.