Information coming soon.
Mentoring has the power to transform lives.
By spending consistent, quality time with a child, a volunteer mentor can help boost a child’s self esteem, improve school performance, strengthen a child’s relationships with peers and family, and introduce a child to a world of new possibilities. By sharing their time and life experiences, mentors can encourage children to recognize and pursue their own dreams and reach their full potential.
Check out this video featuring El Reno's Students Striving for Success
About the Boren Mentoring Initiative
In 2006, the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence launched the David and Molly Boren Mentoring Initiative to promote the growth and development of quality youth mentoring programs statewide. Named for foundation founder and chairman David L. Boren and his wife, Molly, the initiative grew out of Boren’s own commitment to mentoring and the proven impact that mentoring can play on a student’s success in and out of the classroom.
The Boren Mentoring Initiative is:
• A promoter of and advocate for quality in youth mentoring
• A resource for guidelines, best practices, research, mentoring models and training
• A facilitator of beginning and supporting mentoring programs
• A network of and forum for the state’s various mentoring organizations
• An advocate for and repository of Oklahoma mentoring data
• A referral and recruitment mechanism for mentors and mentees