EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Full-Time)
Position Location: Oklahoma City
Some in-state travel
Ability to work from home
The Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, founded in 1985 by then U.S. Senator David L. Boren, is a non-profit organization dedicated to recognizing and encouraging academic excellence in Oklahoma’s public schools. The Foundation gives $125,000 in awards and scholarships annually through its prestigious Academic Awards Program. Other programs include the Oklahoma School Foundations Network, Early American History Education programs in partnership with Colonial Williamsburg and others, Teacher Professional Development support, and the Boren Mentoring Initiative. The Executive Director will promote the Foundation’s mission through the oversight and management of all programs.
- Strategic planning and implementation of best practices
- Day-to-day office and staff management
- Board development
- Financial management, to include preparing budgets, managing endowments and investments, and reporting on revenue and expenditure
- Public relations, to include promoting the Foundation statewide and maintaining positive relationships with its officers, trustees, alumni, volunteers, and other constituents
- Event planning, to include the Annual Meeting of the Board of Trustees and the Academic Awards Banquet
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with nonprofit leadership and administration critical; experience with public schools helpful
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, to include public speaking
- $85,000 annual salary, with opportunity for annual raise and bonus
- 3 weeks of paid time off, with additional paid holidays
- medical, dental, and retirement benefits
- paid (garage) parking
Please send resume and cover letter by Monday, September 13, to Jami Rhoades Antonisse, President of the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, email@example.com.
For more information about the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, visit www.ofe.org.