Academic All-State Application and Guidelines
All-State Nomination Criteria
Medal for Excellence Nominations and Guidelines
Academic Awards Banquet
Medal for Excellence Winners
Circle for Excellence
Academic All-State Alumni
Academic All-State Applications and Guidelines
Please read these guidelines before proceeding to the online nomination portal. The link to the portal is available at the bottom of this page.
- Use the Google Chrome web browser for best results.
- Nominees must initiate the process by creating an account using a valid email address and a password.
- Nominees will designate individuals to submit transcripts and recommendation letters. Verification of eligibility from either the school principal or district superintendent is also required. Nominees can monitor progress of requests to provide information and will receive a system-generated email when each third-party request is completed.
- Third parties will receive a system-generated email requesting specific information. They will click on the link provided in the email and will not be required to create an account or to log in.*
- Student transcripts (and ACT/SAT score reports if scores are not documented on transcripts) must be uploaded in .pdf format.** All other information must be input via text box. If cutting and pasting from an existing document, save as plain text first for best results.
- All nominees, transcript providers and writers of recommendation letters must provide an electronic signature.
- Nominees will receive a system-generated email when their nomination is successfully submitted.
- Nominees are responsible for ensuring that all information, including that requested from third parties (e.g. student transcripts, verification of eligibility and directed recommendations), is submitted by the stated deadline. incomplete nominations, including those missing any information requested from a third party, will not be forwarded to the selection committee and will not be considered.
*Schools having trouble receiving emails should have their IT departments white list system-generated email by following this article: http://academy.getopenwater.com/v2/articles/ensure-email-deliverability-avoid-spam
** We recognize that students may have online access to their latest standardized test scores before their schools do. To document a more recent score, the score report from the ACT or SAT website must be uploaded in .pdf format along with the student’s transcript.