All-State Nomination Criteria
The Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence recognizes 100 outstanding public high-school seniors through their selection, by an independent committee, as Academic All-State scholars. Honorees will each receive a $1,000 scholarship and will be recognized at the Academic Awards Banquet at the Omni Hotel in Oklahoma City on Saturday, May 21, 2022.
An Academic All-State scholar is a student who has demonstrated academic excellence and who has excelled within his or her own particular learning environment.
Currently enrolled Oklahoma public high-school seniors who meet ANY ONE of these criteria are eligible for this award.
1) Composite ACT score of at least 30*
2) Combined SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing and Math score of at least 1370*
3) National Merit Scholarship Program semi-finalist
4) National Achievement Scholarship Program semi-finalist
5) National Hispanic Scholar Awards Program semi-finalist
6) 2021 COVID-19 Alternative—Given the unique circumstances surrounding standardized testing during the COVID-19 pandemic, this alternative criterion is available to students who have been unable to take the ACT and/or SAT in calendar year 2021. In lieu of a score as described above in criteria 1 and 2, the student’s principal must certify a) that the student has been unable to take the ACT and/or SAT in calendar year 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and b) that the student ranks in the top 4% (weighted cumulative GPA) of the senior class. Students who took the ACT and/or SAT in 2021 but did not receive the required minimum score are not eligible for this alternative.
* Test scores must be from a single test date on a national or district-contracted testing day.
In addition to the minimum criteria, students will be evaluated based on their leadership abilities, motivation, academic achievement, and character as maximized within each student’s learning environment.