The Oklahoma School Foundations Network hosted five Fall Forum Fridays webinars in October. We are excited to share video recordings and presentation handouts from this webinar series to all interested foundations. Feel free to share these resources with other members of your school foundation.
Non-Event Fundraising Ideas
With COVID-19 precautions in place, many traditional school foundation fundraising events have been cancelled. This webinar will introduce you to four fantastic fundraising ideas you can adopt and adapt to help your foundation raise funds without hosting an event.
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising; Noble’s 50 for 50 Challenge- presented by Erika Wright of the Noble Public Schools Foundation
- Thursday Folders; Putting community advertising dollars to work for your foundation- presented by Clayton Ramick of the Moore Public Schools Foundation
- The Pillar Program; Recurring Annual Giving- presented by Lisa Carson of the Lawton Public School Foundation
- Good Night, Norman; A storybook fundraiser- presented by Jenny Dakil of the Norman Public School Foundation
The ABC’s of School Foundation Board Service
Join Oklahoma School Foundations Network Director Katy Leffel for a great overview of school foundation board service:
Do you know what steps to take to be sure you are an outstanding board member? Join Katy to learn the ABC’s of serving on a school foundation board, and what makes service on a school foundation board unique and different from other non-profit boards you may have served in the past. This presentation features tips and tricks you can put to use immediately to serve your board.
Data-Driven Storytelling: Measuring and Using Foundation Return-on-Investment Data
Join Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits consultant Daniel Billingsley and Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools CEO Mary Mélon for this webinar. They will present strategies for measuring your foundation impact and return-on-investment data and using this data to engage your community. Donors want to feel like they are making a true difference. Equip yourself with the tools you need to communicate impact.
Education Foundation Guiding Principles
The National School Foundation Association released their “Education Foundation Guiding Principles” in January. These standards are intended to provide foundations of all sizes guidelines to best practice and excellence. Learn about the standards and how to evaluate your foundation and set goals to make progress in key areas. The webinar is hosted by NSFA Industry Leadership Council member and Executive Director of the Lincoln Public Schools Foundation, Wendy Van and Robin Callahan, former NSFA Executive Director and current Vice President of Philanthropic Services for the Greater Tacoma Community Foundation.
2020 Outstanding Program Award Winners
Present their Program Ideas
Join this webinar to hear from our three 2020 Outstanding Program Award winning foundations. The Oklahoma School Foundations Network annually presents one or more Outstanding program Awards to recognize innovative programs sponsored or administered by school foundations in Oklahoma. Trophies and monetary awards of $1,000 each are presented to the winners. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear about our 2020 winning programs:
- Bruins on the Run Mentoring Program, Bartlesville Public Schools Foundation
- Teacher Pipline Program, Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools
- Picnic in the Park Community Outreach Program, Weatherford Public Schools Foundation