OKLAHOMA SCHOOL FOUNDATIONS NETWORK DIRECTOR
(Part-Time, 24 hours per week)
Location: Downtown Oklahoma City
The Director of the Oklahoma School Foundations Network is responsible for programs and activities that support the local school foundation movement in Oklahoma and support the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence mission of recognizing and encouraging academic excellence in Oklahoma’s public schools. The Oklahoma School Foundations Network Director will work closely with the Executive Director on matters of policy and administration and with the Director of Development and Communications on external communication activities.
Through its services to local school foundations, the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence has helped build one of the nation’s largest networks of public school foundations, with more than 200 established to date. Together, these citizen-led nonprofits have raised millions of dollars to promote academic excellence in their districts and have encouraged community involvement in their local schools. Helping to strengthen this grassroots movement, the Oklahoma School Foundations Network provides training, resources and networking opportunities for new and established school foundations. Among its services, the program offers the Fall Forum and regional training events for school foundations, access to webinars and other benefits in partnership with the National School Foundation Association.
- Serve as advocate and spokesperson for the local education foundation movement in Oklahoma, encouraging statewide support
- Develop and maintain connections and records for Oklahoma school foundation leaders
- Work with communities interested in starting local education foundations
- Provide support, information and training for existing foundations
- Develop and maintain training materials and a resource library with information on topics of interest to local school foundations
- Work with the Oklahoma School Foundations Network committee to plan the Fall Forum and other training and networking events and other outreach activities
- Work with the National School Foundation Association in promoting their services and membership benefits to Oklahoma school foundations
- Assist in the promotion and selection of annual Outstanding Program Awards, which recognize innovative programs sponsored by Oklahoma school foundations
- Work with the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence communications staff in producing a biannual newsletter for foundation leaders as well as social media and other external communication materials
- Collaborate with communications staff on an annual fundraising/membership campaign to school foundation leaders
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience with school foundations, public schools, nonprofit administration, board development and fundraising is encouraged. Qualified candidate should possess excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Part-time salary commensurate with experience. Health, dental and retirement benefits. Flexible work scheduling, paid holidays and vacation.
Please email resume and cover letter by Monday, Feb. 11, to Emily Stratton, executive director of the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, email@example.com.