National Mentoring Month
- Custom graphics for social media
- Sample social media language
- Calendar of campaign activation days
- Template press materials and engagement guides
Corporate Engagement Guide
During National Mentoring Month in January, the Boren Mentoring Initiative is joining with mentoring organizations and schools across the state to encourage citizens to mentor a youth in their community.
The goals of the National Mentoring Month are to:
- Raise awareness of mentoring in its various forms.
- Recruit individuals to mentor, especially in programs that have waiting lists of young people.
- Promote the rapid growth of mentoring by recruiting organizations to engage their constituents in mentoring.
January 4, 2019 – I Am a Mentor Day - A day for volunteer mentors to celebrate their role and reflect on how mentees have enhanced their world.
January 17, 2019 – International Mentoring Day - A day of international conversation on social media where photos, videos and messages of powerful mentoring stories are shared.
January 18, 2019 – Oklahoma Mentor Day at Oklahoma State University - A day to Oklahoma’s 86 outstanding mentors at a Continental breakfast, honoring ceremony, lunch and hands-on educational activities and optional post-event tours.
January 21, 2019 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service - A day to share in the inspirational words of Dr. MLK, Jr. and elevate the spirit of service through volunteerism.
January 30- February 1, 2019 – National Mentoring Summit in D.C. - A few days to learn, be inspired and meet others.
January 31, 2019 – #ThankYourMentor Day - A day to thank your mentors past and present for how they have impacted your life. Call, send notes or cards, use social media…