How to Start a Foundation
A school foundation can provide much needed financial support to its local school district. Foundations offer assistance ranging from teacher grant programs to technology and equipment purchases.
Below are links to documents and information about how to start a school foundation.
Forming a local school foundation:
- 21 steps to organizing a school foundation
- Sample brochure
- Suggested timeline for establishing a foundation
- Accounting and auditing steps in setting up a school foundation
- Title 70, Section 5-145 of the Oklahoma Statutes
- Attorney General's Opinion 98-25 re LEF/public school relationships
- Strategic Planning Info
- Keep Your Strategic Plan Alive