Through its free outreach services to school foundations, the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence has helped build one of the nation’s largest and most effective networks of public school foundations, now numbering more than 220.
These citizen-led, nonprofit organizations serve as a bridge between the community and the school district, raising private dollars to complement existing school budgets and encouraging community involvement in the betterment of local schools.
Whether your school district needs guidance in launching a new foundation or your long-established foundation needs to re-examine your mission and goals, the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence is here to help.
Services we provide include:
- Free consultation services and board retreats provided by the director of Oklahoma School Foundations Network.
- The Fall Form for Local Education Foundations and other networking and training opportunities for school foundation volunteers, school administrators and educators.
- The OK School Foundation Outstanding Program Awards, recognizing successful programs sponsored or administered by Oklahoma public school foundations.
- Helpful news and information through the semi-annual newsletters, as well as e-mail OFE News Updates.
- A Facebook group for school foundations to share ideas and network.
- Regional representatives assigned to each school foundation who can also share practical experience and answer your questions.