Please read these guidelines before proceeding to the online nomination portal. The link to the portal is available at the bottom of this page.
- Previous award winners are not eligible for nomination.
- Use the Google Chrome web browser for best results.
- Prospective award-winners (Nominees) must initiate the process by creating an account using a valid email address and a password. Nominees may save and come back to a nomination at any time up to the deadline; it does not need to be completed in one sitting. The nominator is encouraged to work together with the nominee in coordinating recommendation letter contributors and encouraging the nominee to complete the online process.
- In consultation with the nominator, the nominee will invite individuals – through the online portal – to submit nominator statements and recommendation letters. Verification of eligibility from a supervisor is also required.*
- Nominees can monitor progress of requests to provide information and will receive a system-generated email when each third-party request is completed.
- Third parties will receive a system-generated email requesting specific information. They will click on the link provided in the email and will not be required to create an account or to log in.**
- All information must be input via text box. If cutting and pasting from an existing document, save as plain text first for best results.
- Electronic signatures are required from all nominees, nominators and writers of recommendation letters.
- Nominees will receive a system-generated email when their nomination is successfully submitted.
- Nominees are responsible for ensuring that all information, including that requested from third parties (e.g. letters of recommendation and verification of eligibility), is submitted by the stated deadline.
Incomplete nominations, including those missing any information requested from a third party, will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee and will not be considered.
*Elementary and Secondary Teaching nominations require verification of eligibility from the school site principal.
Administration nominations require verification of eligibility from the district superintendent or school board president.
Regional University/Community College nominations require verification of eligibility from the college dean or university president.
Research University Teaching nominations require verification of eligibility from the college dean.
**Schools having trouble receiving emails should have their IT departments whitelist system-generated email by following this article: https://help.getopenwater.com/getting-started/advanced-program-settings-and-options/emails-from-openwater-are-going-to-spam-or-junk-folder