Please read these guidelines before proceeding to the online nomination portal. The link to the portal is available at the bottom of this page.
- Previous Award Winners are not eligible for nomination.
- Use the Google Chrome web browserfor best results.
- The prospective award-winner (Nominee) initiates the process by creating an account using his or her email address and a password. We ask that the Nominator invite the Nominee to create the online account. The Nominator is encouraged to work together with the nominee in coordinating recommendation letter contributors and encouraging the nominee to complete the online process.
- In consultation with the Nominator, the Nominee invites individuals – through the online portal – to submit nominator statements and recommendation letters. Verification of eligibility from a supervisor is also required.* The Nominee can monitor progress of requests to provide information and will receive a system-generated email when each third-party request has been completed.
- All third parties will receive a system-generated email requesting specific information. They will click on the link provided in the email and will not be required to create an account or to log in.**
- All requested information (nominee statements, recommendation letters, honors & awards, publications, etc.) must be input via text box. If cutting and pasting from an existing document, save as plain text first for best results.
- All nominees, nominators and writers of recommendation letters must provide an electronic signature.
- The Nominee will receive a system-generated email when a nomination has been successfully submitted.
- The Nominee is responsible for ensuring that all information, including that requested from third parties (e.g. letters of recommendation and verification of eligibility), is submitted by the stated deadline. Incomplete nominations, including those missing any information requested from a third party, will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee and will not be considered.
*Elementary and Secondary Teaching nominations require verification of eligibility from the school site principal. Administration nominations require verification of eligibility from the district superintendent or school board president. Regional University/Community College and Research University Teaching nominations require verification of eligibility from a college dean or the university president.
**Schools having trouble receiving emails should have their IT departments white list system-generated email by following this article: http://academy.getopenwater.com/v2/articles/ensure-email-deliverability-avoid-spam