Fund for Teachers Fellowships
Pre-K through 12th-grade teachers have the opportunity to pursue self-designed professional learning through a Fund for Teachers fellowship. Teachers decide what they want to learn and where they want to learn it. Their odysseys take them all over the world—as scientists, researchers, artists and agents of change—and they return to their classrooms with new ideas that transform student learning and achievement.
Fund for Teachers encourages fellowship proposals that empower teachers to seek solutions to their own, genuine problems of practice and to also encourage students to become active changemakers in their own communities.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Fund for Teachers application portal will open online October 1 at www.fundforteachers.org. The application is comprised of a coversheet signed by the applicant’s principal, the proposal, and an itemized budget of the proposed fellowship.
- The teacher must be a full-time pre-K through 12th-grade teacher who spends at least 50% of his/her time directly providing instruction to students.
- The teacher must be returning to the classroom in the consecutive school year.
- The teacher must have at least three years’ experience as a pre-K through 12th-grade teacher at the end of the current school year.
- School administrators or support staff that do not spend a minimum of 50% of his/her time in direction instruction to students are not eligible.
- Individual teachers may apply for up to $5,000, and teacher teams may apply for up to $10,000 in grant funds.
Since 2006, the Fund for Teachers program in Oklahoma has provided more than $3.2 million in grant funds to 915 Oklahoma teachers. This program is made possible through bridge funding from national Fund for Teachers and financial support from the Tulsa Community Foundation and the Oklahoma Tribal Alliance.
For more information, contact Fund for Teachers – Oklahoma Program coordinator Lauren Dow at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fundforteachers.org or
Click here to see details on upcoming information sessions.